Tuesday, February 26, 2013

It all started with a chair


My studio is a disaster.  It usually is in some amount of disarray, but it has gone way beyond that at the moment and it was much worse, this picture is after I've been working on it for a day and a half.  It all started with wanting to get a little more room and to be better able to access these cabinets.
They used to be in this corner with the computer desk in front of them.  Which meant that I would have to move the computer any time I wanted to get into them.  Needless to say I only stored stuff that I didn't need to access very often, but I knew that they weren't being used to their full potential so I needed to do some rearranging. It also meant that I needed to find a new home for my beloved sofa, which I did and it will be well loved,  and replace it with something smaller, like a recliner, because sometimes I do like to relax and put my feet up. 
Now the cabinets are where I can get to then easier. It has also given me a chance to clean them out.  There was lots of stuff that is being re-purposed, like quilt tops that I've never gotten around to quilting for one reason or another, usually because I didn't like the way they turned out, so they are going to be quilt backs.  Other stuff is going to find a good home, just not here.


  And here is my new recliner.  It's really soft and comfy. 


There are still a couple of things that I'm waiting for.  The first is a filing cabinet which will go in the corner next to the computer table. It comes tomorrow.  I am going to love being able to get a lot of the paper stuff filed away.  I also have to get new blinds for the windows.  Which means I have to make a trip to Home Depot or Lowes today to pick them out, so I won't be able to get any quilting done for a few more days at least.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment